MUT 2350: Aural Skills IV Commercial
T R | 8:00am - 8:50am (Section 01)
T R | 9:00am - 9:50am (Section 02)
1 Credit Hour
Office: MPA 20 | 615.460.6285
What is Aural Skills IV Commercial?
AS IV Comm is the last of three NASM required semesters of Aural Skills courses. Once upon a time know as "Ear Training," it is a comprehensive skill-based course that prepares you for a lifestyle of excellent musicianship.
- COURSE INTRODUCTIONS, SYLLABUS AND OUTLINE
- READING ASSIGNMENT FOR NEXT CLASS: "10 Reasons to Study Music Theory and Aural Skills"
- BRIEF DISCUSSION OF READING ASSIGNMENT (Class Participation)
- SLIDE SHOW: Transcription Techniques and Concepts
- WHAT IS THE JAZZ CONVENTION?
HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT 01: Download and print both pages of My Girl. Print your name on the upper left-hand corner of both pages.
WHAT TO DO: On the pages given, provide a complete ROman Numeral harmonic analysis below the staff. Determine the type of scales(s) used. Write legibly. (Be prepared to squeeze your results between the staff and the lyrics.)
WHEN TO TURN IN: Next class period.